Cloud LMS에 대한 도입시점이 얼마남지 않았으나, Cloud로 가기 위해서는 DATA의 Safety가 우선되어야 한다는 생각Formal Learning Data / Informal Learning Data모두를 Mining해서 Intelligence하게 Gap극복을 위한 Recommendation을 하기위해서는 Learning Record에 대한 표준API제공과 더불어 Market Penetration을 가지고 있거나, 협력이 가능한 정치적인 구조가 되어야 함. 현재 Blackboard는 Market Share가 50%이상이 되므로 배포된 Blackboard Suite를 통해 보다 나은 분석자료를 학습자에게 서비스할 수 있겠지만 이외의 신생 LMS기업들은 TIN CAN Project와 같은 형태의 연합을 통해 보다 혁신적인 서비스로 갈 수 있는 기반을 만들어야 할 것이다.혁신적인 학습자의 사용경험(Learner Learning Experience)를 제공하기 위한 접근방법은 TOP-DOWN이 현명한가? Bottom-Up이 현명한가?에 대한 빠른 판단을 기반으로 실행력있게 추진하는 곳이 차세대 대한민국 학습관리 시스템의 주도권을 쥐게 될것이라고 조심스레 예측해본다.
- 인터페이스는 사용자의 요구나 선호도에 Meet(충족)하게 최적화되어질것이다.학습자의 자유도를 강화하기 위해 블로그, 유튜브, 트위트피드 링크드인와 동일한 서비스 공간에서 열람할 수 있을 뿐만 아니라, 전문지식들이 쉬운 인터페이스를 가진 PLE를 통해 언제, 어디서나 활용할 수 있다
- 사용자의 검색의도와 맥락을 이해하고 추적할 수 있는 시멘틱 검색기능이 도입될 것이다.
- PLE는 학습자의 관심도, 지식과 스킬의 차이를 이해하고, 보다 적극적으로 새로운 정보 및 코스, 숙고를 하기 위한 소셜커뮤니티 및 네트워크를 제공할 것이다.
- 소통과 새로운 콘텐츠를 통한 지식과 전문성을 기여하기 위해 사용자기반의 콘텐츠 제작을 위한 지원 기관이 생길것이다.
A Learning Management System (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of e-learning education courses or training programs.
The question is, how will the LMS of the future look like? Well I’m no fortune teller but let’s just review some of the possibilities. What have been the trends and growth of LMS and where are we heading towards.
Personal Learning Environments (PLE) in LMS are noticing a growing demand. PLEs are open systems that provide a structured model for e-learning. It helps the learners to manage their learning and has become a very popular feature of LMS.
Here’s a video predicting some future trends in the LMS. She lists four key additions to PLE that can enhance user experience, which in brief include:
- An interface that can be manipulated to meet end-user’s needs and preferences – like freedom to bring blog, YouTube, Twitter feeds, LinkedIn forms at one place for viewing – which they can utilize to develop and hone expertise anytime, anyplace.
- A semantic search function that understands and tracks user’s search intention and context.
- The PLE that would know learners’ interests and gaps in knowledge and skills and proactively suggest new information, courses, social communities and network for consideration.
- Facility for user-based content generation, to contribute knowledge and expertise through conversation and new content.
Research has proved that through gamification we have more engaging power and it enables learner to understand about strategies, management, decision-making, time management efficiently and in ways audio and reading never can.
While most of the current breeds of LMSs use a proprietary environment to create, run and track any game-like learning activity, the launch of Project Tin Can has brought in a common approach to designing, running and tracking games and simulations. The different thing about Tin Can is that it aims to ‘record’ a learner’s learning experiences (wherever and in whatever form they happen). A learning experience could happen outside any form of learning/training event and could be as simple as accessing, say, Facebook or Twitter.
So the learning experience comprising of so called, “monotonous” topics don’t tend to seem that monotonous anymore. Thanks to ramification.
I’m sure you must have heard of HRM in your marketing classes- The process of employing the right people at the right places. Talent Management can be called a subset of this where we use HR strategies to evaluate a talent and put it in its right spot.
Many companies have started integrating TM and LMS. While talent management helps in identifying key skills of an employee and the gaps in knowledge and skills or expertise required, an LMS helps in filling those gaps and improve job-oriented skills of the learner.
LMSs have always evolved and changed with time. There is no saying what changes the LMS will actually endure over the course of a years, but the truth remains that today’s LMS is not what it was 10 years before, and the LMS of tomorrow will be very different than what we can imagine now. What are your imaginations for the future of LMSs ?